The Canvas Works is now fabricating world class Hardtop Dodgers for a better offshore experience. Sailboats with hardtop dodgers have many benefits. The combination of the rigid top with the fabric and vinyl enclosure gives the most versatility and protection.
- Looking for a strong, robust and dependable surface to mount solar panels or hardware?
- Need a low maintenance support structure to withstand harsh cruising conditions?
- How often do you remove your current soft dodger? Probably never!
- Sick of looking up at your moldy dodger and dealing with wear and tear?
As expert fabricators and experienced cruisers, we have designed our Hardtop Dodger with both form and function in mind. Unlike dodgers with soft canvas tops on most boats, the hardtop dodger provides unparalleled protection from the elements and offers a safe, rigid platform to mount accessories and hardware for offshore and coastal cruising.
The Dodger Enclosure
Our soft enclosure is attached with careful consideration to your specific boat and your needs as a sailor. Our experienced team attaches the enclosure to the hardtop with track, zippers and stainless steel stanchions. The dodger windows are framed in your choice of Sunbrella or Stamoid and sewn together with Teflon thread for durability and strength. In addition to choosing the configuration of your windows, we help guide you on the height and angle of your structure.
Hardtop Dodger Specifications:
- Rigid Top: ¾” foam core, x-mat glass, and high-quality Gelcoat. Cambered 90” x 54” x 1” with rain lip.
- Support System: 1-1/4” 316 stainless steel stanchions and supports
- Handrails: top, bottom, and sides
- Boat: currently available for 38′-46′ sailboats
Dodger Enclosure Specifications:
- Windows: Fitted 40 mil clear view polycarbonate. Lexan can be rolled. Makrolon is rigid.
- Frame: Stamoid or Sunbrella double-sided fabric frames with reinforcement
- Hardware: Keder cord and rail if applicable; Lift-A-Dots or Common Sense also available