Hardtop Dodgers are a perfect choice for a better offshore experience. The Canvas Works fabricates custom, world-class hardtop dodgers. Sailboats with hardtop dodgers have many benefits because the combination of the rigid top with the fabric and vinyl enclosure gives the most versatility and protection. For details, view our Hardtop Dodger Tech Flyer.
The Benefits of the Hardtop Dodger:
- A dependable structure for peace of mind when cruising offshore
- A strong, robust and durable surface to mount solar panels or hardware
- A low maintenance support structure to withstand harsh cruising conditions
- A smooth, cleanable surface that won’t tear, mold or stretch
- A sleek, rigid enclosure that provides ultimate protection from wind and rain
The Dodger Design
We have designed our hardtop dodger with both form and function in mind. As a result, the hardtop provides unparalleled protection from the elements and offers a safe, rigid platform to mount accessories and hardware for offshore and coastal cruising.
The Dodger Enclosure
The enclosure for the hardtop is attached with careful consideration to your specific boat and your needs as a sailor. Our experienced team attaches the enclosure to the hardtop with track, zippers and stainless steel stanchions. The dodger windows are framed in your choice of Sunbrella or Stamoid and sewn together with Teflon thread for durability and strength. In addition to choosing the configuration of your windows, we guide you on the height and angle of your structure.
- Rigid Top: ¾” foam core, x-mat glass, and high-quality Gelcoat. Cambered 90” x 54” x 1” with rain lip.
- Support System: 1-1/4” 316 stainless steel stanchions and supports
- Handrails: top, bottom, and sides
- Boat: currently available for 38′-46′ sailboats
- Windows: Fitted 40 mil clear view polycarbonate. Lexan can be rolled. Makrolon is rigid.
- Frame: Stamoid or Sunbrella double-sided fabric frames with reinforcement
- Hardware: Keder cord and rail if applicable; Lift-A-Dots or Common Sense also available