Let us replace and repair your Eisenglass! Are your vinyl boat windows keeping you from seeing scenery and wildlife? Consider the option of eisenglass replacement. Boating can be unpleasant and even dangerous if you can’t see your surroundings. If you have a boat or enclosure with cracks, streaks, or cloudiness in your vinyl, let us help you see more clearly by replacing the old eisenglass with brand new window material. We can put new vinyl in your existing frame or replace the whole panel. For detailed info, view the Repairs PDF.
Eisenglass windows don’t last forever and typically the frames and fabric can outlive the vinyl. Eisenglass replacement is a large part of our repair work. We can bring life back into a window by sewing in one of the many products available. Here is a rundown on the different options available:
- Rolled vinyl is a very flexible, inexpensive material with inherent distortion. It comes in a variety of thickness’s and is a good option for the budget conscience. Uses include – Screens for restaurants, privacy panels for residential units, small power boat camper covers.
- Sheet vinyl is pressed and polished by adding .020 gauge single sheets under high pressure and heat, creating a flexible optically clear window. Brands include O’Sea Regalite and Strataglass Crystal Clear.
Uses include – Power boat enclosures, and residential and commercial applications.
- Coated Sheet Vinyl produced both by O’Sea and Strataglass add a protective scratch resistant and UV inhibitor coat.
Uses include – Applications that have higher wear from abrasion or general longevity requirement.
- Polycarbonate is a semi-rigid window material, which offers superior clarity and comes in a variety of thickness’s and special coatings. We use 40 mil Makrolon.
Uses include – Boat dodger windows, larger power boat fly bridge enclosures and fixed panel applications.
- Rinse thoroughly first to remove any salt deposit.
- Clean by using mild soap and water. Rinse frequently as you wash.
- Dry with a soft cloth or chamois. (Don’t use paper towels)
- Treat your vinyl after it has been cleaned, by applying IMAR Protective Cleaner. This will help preserve and protect the vinyl.
Whatever kind of clear vinyl you have, NEVER use any kind of product with silicone in it, don’t handle the vinyl or polycarbonate glass with sunscreen on your hands and when storing them, place paper or old sheets in between the panels and lay them flat or stand them up rolled. See our Care & Cleaning PDF.