Often a little too much sun causes Polyester and Dacron threads to rot. The fabric could be in good shape and just need to be re-stitched with Teflon thread or reinforced at a key wear spot. Seams go from over loading and zippers fail from exposure and misuse. We can patch holes with matching Sunbrella fabric to provide new life to your valuable item.
Care and Cleaning of Sunbrella Fabric can be found by clicking here.
For detailed info, view the Repairs PDF.
|Vinyl Window Replacement||Enclosure Panels|
Vinyl windows don’t last forever and typically the frames and fabric can outlive the vinyl 2-1. Vinyl window replacement is a large part of our repair work. We can bring life back into a window by sewing in one of the many products available. Here is a run down on the different options available:
- Rolled vinyl is a very flexible, inexpensive material with inherent distortion. It comes in a variety of thickness’s and is a good option for the budget conscience. Uses include – Screens for restaurants, privacy panels for residential units, small power boat camper covers.
- Sheet vinyl is pressed and polished by adding .020 gauge single sheets under high pressure and heat, creating a flexible optically clear window. Brands include Regalite and Crystal Clear.
Uses include – Power boat enclosures, Upscale commercial applications.
- Coated Sheet Vinyl produced both by O’Sea and Strataglass add a protective scratch resistant and UV inhibitor coat.
Uses include – Applications that have higher wear from abrasion or general longevity requirement.
- Polycarbonate is a semi-rigid glass, which offers superior clarity and comes in a variety of thickness’s and special coatings. Brands include Makrolon and Lexan.
Uses include – Boat dodger windows, Larger power boat fly bridge enclosures, fixed panel applications.
- Rinse thoroughly first to remove any salt deposit.
- Clean by using mild soap and water. Rinse frequently as you wash.
- Dry with a soft cloth or chamois. (Don’t use paper towels)
- Treat your vinyl after it has been cleaned, by applying IMAR Protective Cleaner. This will help preserve and protect the vinyl.
Whatever kind of clear vinyl you have, NEVER use any kind of product with silicone in it, don’t handle the vinyl or polycarbonate glass with sunscreen on your hands and when storing them, place paper or old sheets in between the panels and lay them flat or stand them up rolled.
“Mold, Algae, Dirt and Dust can facilitate the wear and tear on any canvas product. The Canvas Works takes cleaning seriously. Not only can we apply a lot of elbow grease to cleaning your cover, panel or bag, we utilize great cleaning products to insure the job is completed correctly and not damaging to your product. We have large washing tubs to immerse full covers in soap and mild bleach. Fabrics such as Sunbrella are not effected by bleach. Bleach can however do damage to older threads, thus requiring new stitching with a Teflon based long lasting thread.”
Canvas products should be cleaned annually and protected with Sun Guard 303. Once cleaned, we can then focus on repair and refurbishing.