Any of these photos look familiar?
It’s time to start enjoying your boat. Set aside some time to repair, restore or redo some of the canvas or hardware so when you set sail, it will be comfortable and worry-free.
Take stock of your boat with these TOP 10 suggestions:
- Assess all of your hardware. Corrosion, harsh conditions, or age can damage or ruin fasteners. In most cases, we can easily replace snaps, common sense fasteners or various hardware so your canvas stays in place. Cleaning and lubricating hardware is also a highly recommended.
- Replace windows. Over time window vinyl will yellow or crack. Often the canvas is in good shape and we can simply replace the vinyl, giving you a clear view of what’s ahead (or astern). Some types of window material should always be covered. Learn more.
- Get the Mold off! The mold that collects on your boat canvas comes from airborne particulates. Spraying off your canvas regularly can really cut down on the spread of that nasty growth. Sunbrella can be bleached and treated to bring new life to your canvas. Learn more.
- Replace or upgrade your flooring. Having nice flooring in your boat is like finally giving your home a fresh coat of paint. It’s reasonably priced and makes a world of difference. Learn more.
- Get new cushions or at least cover the old ones. Musty smells can really put a damper on your day afloat. Old, moldy cushions could be the source. Consider replacing or recovering for a brand new look and feel. You will appreciate the investment. Learn more.
- Cover, cover, cover! If you don’t have covers on your boat, get some. If you do have covers, keep them clean. Learn more.
- Treat your canvas. Sunbrella lasts if properly cared for. Clean, bleach and treat your canvas regularly to extend its life. Learn more.
- Patch or reinforce existing canvas. Friction can create holes in your canvas. If it’s not the right size, let us extend or modify it. If it’s rubbing on hardware, we can reinforce or patch it to prevent further damage.
- Clean your vinyl. You can freshen up your enclosure by cleaning, buffing and treating your vinyl windows to enhance clarity. Learn more.
- Consider a full boat cover. If life gets in the way and you can’t keep up with all the maintenance on your boat, consider a full boat cover. This will ease the burden of having separate covers for hand rails, hatches, wooden decks, windows etc.
- Ok…one more for good measure.
Don’t forget to…..gather proper documents for boating and update supplies! Make sure you have all your boating documents safe in one place. Also check your first aid kit, life preservers, fire extinguishers, and flashlights. Stay safe and enjoy the Bay!